45 W 3rd St
Lately in Boston, it seems like you can’t walk a block or two without seeing a new condo or apartment building under construction. Despite the massive uptick in the construction of these luxury buildings, however, pickings remain slim. Even though tons of projects are constantly in the works, some attract more attention than others—and Port 45 is a prime example. Slated to be a high-end luxury condo development that includes an array of upscale amenities and services, the new development is currently under construction in South Boston. As always, Boston City Properties is keeping tabs on this project, and we will keep you in the loop as it progresses.
Before delving into what the development is expected to offer, do yourself a favor and sign up right now to search Boston City Properties’ listings if you are currently looking for a new home. While units in this development won’t be available for some time yet, many have already been reserved and are essentially sold. In other words, if you want a shot at snagging a stunning condo in this building, time is of the essence. By signing up to search our listings right now, you can quickly zero in on promising options in what’s sure to be one of the hottest new luxury condo buildings in the city.
As mentioned earlier, Port 45, which is currently still in the final phases of construction, is an upcoming mixed-use luxury condo building in South Boston. With its location on West 3rd Street, the building is situated within close proximity of the South End and the Seaport District, putting it in one of the most central and desirable areas in the city. The L-shaped building includes five stories, and they house 105 luxury condominiums ranging from one-bedroom units to townhomes with three-plus bedrooms and private entrances.
Upon completion, this development will offer around 144,500 square feet of residential space. In addition, there will be approximately 3,400 square feet of retail space along the ground floor of the building. Approximately 16 of the units in this building will incorporate its two courtyards into their outdoor space, producing a cohesive and elegant ambiance. Most other units will include some sort of private outdoor space, whether in the form of a balcony, a terrace or a patio. A soaring two-story glass lobby will welcome those who enter, providing an upscale first impression.
Units are Selling Fast
As of January 2018, nearly 80 percent of the 105 condos that were originally up for grabs in this building had been pre-sold. Although the development isn’t expected to officially open until May 2018, it appears that every unit will be spoken for by that time. If you have your heart set on owning a condo in this spectacular building, now is the time to act. Take the first step right this instant by signing up to search Boston City Properties’ listings. Alternatively, contact us for a referral to a local agent who can assist you with securing a home in this building.
Compared with the construction of many other luxury residential buildings in the city lately, the Port 45 project has unfolded without any complications. The projected opening date was pushed back a few times, but that is par for the course with these kinds of things. The first step in the process happened in July 2015, when the city officially approved the developers’ plans for the building. The developers acquired the land for the project in April 2016, paying around $17.25 million to procure it.
When construction began on the Port 45 development, developers expected it to be wrapped up by Fall 2017. As often happens with large projects like these, however, the timeline got pushed back a bit due to minor setbacks. All the while, however, the management company has been actively pre-selling units. As a result, this quickly emerged as the fastest selling condo development in Southie. Fewer than 20 percent of units are left, and the best way to see which layouts and options are available is by signing up to search Boston City Properties’ listings. In a flash, you can check current availability for luxury condos in this highly anticipated new development.
About the Condos
One of the first things to establish when seeking to buy a new condo is what kind of budget you are dealing with. Because Port 45 is a luxury condo building in an incredibly prime location, units here sell for a pretty penny. Fortunately, there are multiple layouts and sizes, so finding something in your budget may be doable depending on the circumstances.
Incredibly, some of the units in this building have been selling for upwards of $900 per square foot. Note that units here range in size from around 600 square feet to more than 1,500 square feet. Although floor plans have not been released, Boston City Properties has basic information about the types of condos that are available; how many of each are available; and roughly how much they are listing for on the market:
- One-bedroom and one-bedroom-plus units – There will be nine one-bedroom and 37 one-bedroom-plus units in this building, and they currently list for between $600,000 and $700,000.
- Two-bedroom-plus units – 27 of these spacious units will be available in this building. Currently, they are listing for $900,000 to more than $1.1 million.
- Townhouses – This building will also include five two-bedroom townhouses. These will include private entrances, and they are currently listing for $900,000 to $1.2 million.
- Three-bedroom and three-bedroom-plus units – Finally, there will be three three-bedroom units and a single three-bedroom-plus unit. These are currently being listed for between $1.2 million and $1.5 million.
Should you be fortunate enough to secure a condo, you can be certain of enjoying an array of exceptional features and amenities within whatever unit you purchase. Although the developer has not yet released interior photos of these units, mockups are readily available. Many details have emerged about the amenities and features that will be offered, and they include:
- Gourmet kitchens – By now, the term “gourmet kitchen” has virtually lost all meaning in the world of real estate, as it is overused extensively. However, the kitchens in these condos are truly deserving of this descriptor, as they are chock-full of top-notch touches. Countertops of Caesarstone are joined by eye-catching marble-and-glass backsplashes, and high-end Bosch appliances ensure easy meal prep. With sleek, modern aesthetics, the kitchens in these units feature white, bright designs that incorporate minimalism and contemporary elegance. Without a doubt, you will be impressed.
- Lavish bathrooms – The first thing to understand about the units is that these condos include en-suite master bathrooms with fits and finishes that rival many high-end spas. While the “regular” bathroom in these units is smaller, it is no less elegant. Across the board, bathrooms in these condos boast lavish Calcutta marble vanities, massive soaking tubs and frameless glass showers. As is the case throughout these units, flooring in the bathrooms is of truly impeccable quality. You will also delight in the exquisite attention to detail, including elegant hardware and well-placed lighting fixtures.
- Light, space and views – One of the top concerns of the developers of this project was making the most efficient use of space. Therefore, condos in this building are very thoughtfully designed and laid out. They are fairly large as far as things go in Boston, but the deft use of windows and light make them feel much bigger. Ceilings in these units are around nine feet tall, and the windows are seven feet tall with black frames that give them a floor-to-ceiling appearance. Some units in this building offer stunning views of the nearby Financial Center, including its distinctive skyline.
- Smart home technology and more – As noted previously, nearly all of the 105 condos in this building include at least some sort of private outdoor space. Those that are situated around the courtyards, for example, have patios that are incorporated into those open spaces. Units in this building are also decked out with cutting-edge smart home technology, including Sonos sound systems and Creston lighting. Thanks to the hard-wired smart home capabilities, residents can control things like the temperature of their units and the lights with their iPads and other mobile devices. If you want a taste of what it’s like to live in the future, Port 45 should be right up your alley.
Amenities and Services
There should be no doubt in your mind about the quality and style of the luxury condos at the complex. Based on everything that we know so far, we are certain that condos in this building will be regarded as among the best in not only Southie but in the Seaport and the South End too. What’s inside the condos themselves is impressive, to be sure, but the building itself is also bursting with notable amenities, features and services. If you are interested in buying a home here, Boston City Properties can connect you with an experienced real estate agent in Southie who can assist you and fill you in on the details. In the meantime, here’s a rundown of some of the most notable features of this development:
- Pet features – As a pet owner, one of your first questions is probably whether or not you will be able to bring your four-legged friend with you. Happily, this building doesn’t just accept pets—it offers an array of truly incredible pet services and amenities. For example, some of the available outdoor space has been set aside to serve as a dog run—gone are the days of walking the pup around the block in inclement weather! The building is also slated to include a pet spa, so you can keep your pooch in pristine shape without having to venture out.
- Cycling friendly features – More than ever, Boston is being embraced by cyclists of all experience levels. Whether you ride a bike for fun, fitness, to get around or for all three, you will have no trouble keeping your gear in good shape at Port 45. The premises include separate bike storage areas, so you don’t have to tie up precious space in your unit. This development will also offer a convenient bike-sharing program for residents, with 20 branded bikes available around the clock.
- Fitness center – It should go without saying that this development includes an on-site fitness center. So far, Boston City Properties has not received any details about what the fitness center will include, so it is too early to know if it will be a basic gym or something more. Given the extras that abound not just in units but around the building, however, you can safely assume that the fitness center here will include an array of cardio equipment like treadmills along with strength-training machines and, most likely, free weights. In keeping with many other developments, there may also be space for yoga, Pilates and other activities.
- Outdoor space – In a densely populated urban jungle like South Boston, it is easy to forget that nature even exists. One big selling point of Port 45 is that it has made outdoor space a big priority. As such, the premises include not one but two elevated courtyards. Part of this space will be taken up by private patios and decks; however, a significant amount of it will remain open to residents who want to get a quick breath of fresh air or perhaps lounge around on a pleasant day.
- Parking – If you don’t own a vehicle, you probably don’t care too much about this detail. If you do, though, you know how frustrating it can be to find a reliable place to park it. Here’s some happy news: All units at Port 45 come with one parking space. The development includes an on-site parking garage with 109 parking spaces, and we are assuming that the garage is below ground. According to the developers, the parking garage will include a handful of electric car charging spaces as well, and these are sure to come in handy for residents who drive electric vehicles.
- Concierge – According to the developer, the property will include a part-time concierge. It is unclear what is meant by “part time,” but more than likely this means that they will be available during regular business hours. Many other developments offer around-the-clock concierge services, but even part time is better than nothing. With an on-site concierge, you will know where to turn for fast, easy assistance with everything from procuring tickets to lining up transportation.
- Lobby – In the scheme of things, the style and design of a building’s lobby is probably one of the least important things to consider when looking for a new condo. However, there is something to be said for stepping into a building and being greeted by true style. The two-story lobby features gorgeous polished marble throughout, and it is virtually encased in glass. Together, these elements lend the lobby a spacious and upscale ambiance that lets you introduce visitors to your home in style. Note that access to the building will be through a key fob that works will all entryways.
- Mail – If you have ever lived in an apartment or condo in a larger building before, you know what a headache it can be to receive mail and packages. Packages can’t safely be left in building hallways, and many buildings have cramped, unpleasant mail rooms that residents dread dealing with. Port 45 is different in this regard, as the building includes a state-of-the-art mailroom with plenty of space. The premises also include a package room where residents’ packages will presumably be held until they are able to pick them up.
- LEED Silver certification – As you already know, condos in this building are currently fetching top dollar. Some would argue that they cost too much, but the quality of the craftsmanship of the building is apparent throughout and largely justifies the expense. In fact, the design provides more than just intangible benefits; it includes eco-friendly features that make effective and efficient use of energy. This building was constructed in accordance with LEED Silver sustainability standards, so you can expect your unit to be very well insulated and comfortable. You should also enjoy very affordable utility bills, as the very design of this building helps you to avoid wasting energy.
- Retail space – Some would argue that calling it a mixed-use development is a bit of a stretch since it is just a five-story complex. However, the premises are going to include around 3,400 square feet of retail space along the ground floor. Thus far, no information about the kinds of establishments that will be located there has been released. As with many buildings like this, however, we can safely assume that there will be at least a few cafes or restaurants and perhaps a small sundries shop. At any rate, being able to head downstairs for light shopping and refreshments is certainly a nice perk.
How Boston City Properties Can Help
Like many who keep an eye on new residential construction projects in the city, you may have had your eye on the development for some time already. With the opening of this development finally on the horizon—it is projected to happen in May 2018—it is time to get moving if you want to have a chance to snag a place here. If you are reading this, you are already off to a great start. On this page, you can sign up to gain access to Boston City Properties’ considerable resources, and these will help you find what you need much more quickly and easily.
Boston City Properties maintains one of the largest and most comprehensive online databases of searchable MA real estate listings around. While many assume that these are strictly listings for single-family homes for sale, our database includes listings for condos for sale, apartments for rent and much more. Once you sign up for access by completing a simple form, you can start searching immediately. Our convenient search tool lets you search listings by neighborhood, and you can use filters to refine your results even more.
If you are interested in buying a unit at the luxury complex, your first step should be performing a quick search of our listings. That way, you can see what kinds of options are currently available in this highly anticipated new development. Listings include in-depth information about the properties in question, and there are typically lots of photos as well.
There is more to buying a condo in a hot market like Boston’s than finding a listing for one, unfortunately. As competitive and fast-paced as the market is—especially for luxury condos downtown—it is crucial to get all of the help that you can get. Boston City Properties can help you in that regard too, as we have connections with experienced and skilled real estate agents in neighborhoods across the city.
When you are ready to move forward with buying a condo in the building or another building, contact our team. We will refer you to an agent who knows the development well and who can line up tours of units for you. Your agent will be able to walk you through the buying process, ensuring that you are protected every step of the way. Before you know it, you will be closing on a stunning new luxury condo in one of the hottest areas in Boston.
Are you ready to get the ball rolling on purchasing a condo at the upcoming development in South Boston? Boston City Properties has you covered. First, sign up to search our listings for free. After checking availability and narrowing things down, contact us for a referral to a local agent. In no time, you will be on your way to living in what’s sure to be one of the hottest luxury condo buildings in the city. For more information, call Boston City Properties.